Getting Started with PublishPress Checklists
Using PublishPress Checklists, you can define tasks that must be complete before content is published.
You can access PublishPress Checklists by clicking “Checklists” in your WordPress admin menu.
- Go to Checklists > Settings.
- Here you can select what content types you want to use with the Checklist.
Next, you can choose the requirements for your checklists.
- Go to Checklists > Checklists.
- Choose your post type. In the image below, you can choose “Post” or “Page.
Here are the default requirements.
- Check that the Excerpt has text
- Require a maximum or minimum number of categories
- Require a maximum or minimum number of tags
- Require a maximum or minimum number of words
- Require a featured image
- Check that the permalink only contains the characters A to Z, 0 to 9, or – and _.
All the requirements are disabled by default. You can select only the requirements you need:
In the center column, you can choose a specific action for each requirement:
- Recommended: show only in the sidebar
- Recommended: show in the sidebar and before publishing
If you choose the “Required” option, it will be impossible to publish without completing the task.
It’s possible to create new items for the checklists by clicking the “Add custom item” link. For example, you can require authors to get a green Yoast sign, or force them to run a spell-check before publishing.
When you create new content, you will see the Checklist in right sidebar, as in the image below:
When you click “Publish”, you will also see the checklist before you confirm you want to make the content public. If you see a warning sign, the post is not ready to publish.