What’s on the PublishPress Roadmap?
Thanks to all of you who use the PublishPress plugins. Your support enables us to work on these cool, new releases.
This has been a busy year here at PublishPress with a big acquisition that has taken us some time to absorb. I wanted to take a moment to explain where we’re headed and what you can expect from PublishPress.
What’s coming to PublishPress?
Our goal is to create powerful publishing plugins for WordPress.
To reach that goal, we plan on having six plugins. Each plugin will have a Free and Pro version. Every Free version will be on WordPress.org and every Pro version will be behind the paywall for PublishPress members.
This image shows those six plugins:
Here’s a quick overview of those six plugins:
- PublishPress: Plan and schedule your content using calendar and notifications.
- Capability Manager Enhanced: Modify the default permissions in the WordPress core and other plugins.
- PressPermit: Advanced permissions way beyond what’s possible with the WordPress core.
- PublishPress Revisions: Submit and moderate WordPress revisions.
- Multiple Authors: Add as many authors as you want to any WordPress content.
- Checklists: Set requirements before content is published on your site.
Some plugins will have new names
We are planning a couple of other name changes. The goal is to create a product line up that’s consistent and easy to understand:
- Capability Manager Enhanced will become PublishPress Capabilities.
- Press Permit will become PublishPress Permissions.
- Multiple Authors will become PublishPress Authors.
The timeline for this roadmap
We plan to have this line-up complete by the end of 2019.
So to reach our 2019 target we’ll need five more releases:
- PublishPress Pro (this integrates the existing add-ons such as Slack and Reminders)
- Capability Manager Enhanced Pro
- Multiple Authors Free
- Checklist Pro
Once those releases are complete, our focus will be to improve these six plugins. Our 2020 roadmap is “Integrate and Improve”. All our plugins will integrate smoothly. You will have a consistent and trustworthy experience, no matter which PublishPress plugins you use.
I hope this helps you understand what you can expect from your PublishPress membership. We truly believe this roadmap will provide you with a suite of powerful publishing plugins for WordPress.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in the comments or email us.