This was a busy year here at PublishPress.
I wanted to take a moment to explain what happened at PublishPress in 2019. There were major changes this year that will probably require you to update your site, if you have been using our plugins for some time.
What happened at PublishPress in 2019?
Our goal is to create powerful publishing plugins for WordPress.
To reach that goal, we made a big acquisition that has taken us some time to absorb. One thing we did to absorb the new plugins was a change the way our plugins were structured.
At the beginning of 2019, everything was an add-on to the main PublishPress plugin. At the end of 2019, we have six separate plugins.
PublishPress at the end of 2019
We now have 6 plugins. Each plugin has a Free and Pro version. Every Free version is on WordPress.org and every Pro version is behind the paywall for PublishPress members.
This image shows those six plugins:
Here's a quick overview of those six plugins:
- PublishPress: Plan and schedule your content using calendar and notifications.
- PublishPress Capabilities: Modify the default permissions in the WordPress core and other plugins.
- PublishPress Permissions: Advanced permissions way beyond what's possible with the WordPress core.
- PublishPress Revisions: Submit and moderate WordPress revisions.
- PublishPress Authors: Add as many authors as you want to any WordPress content.
- PublishPress Checklists: Set requirements before content is published on your site.
Some plugins have new names
During 2019, we also renamed some plugins. The goal was to create a product line up that’s consistent and easy to understand:
- “Capability Manager Enhanced” is now “PublishPress Capabilities”.
- “Press Permit” is now “PublishPress Permissions”.
- “Multiple Authors” is now “PublishPress Authors”.
- “Content Checklist is now “PublishPress Checklists”.
- “Revisionary” is now “PublishPress Revisions”.
The 2020 roadmap
The 2019 roadmap is now complete!
Our focus is now to improve these six plugins. Our 2020 roadmap is “Integrate and Improve”. All our plugins will integrate smoothly. You will have a consistent and trustworthy experience, no matter which PublishPress plugins you use.
I hope this helps you understand what you can expect from your PublishPress membership. We truly believe this roadmap will provide you with a suite of powerful publishing plugins for WordPress.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in the comments or email us.