You Can Now Submit Revisions for Unpublished Posts
For several years, the PublishPress Revisions plugin has focused on controlling who can update published content.
The Revisions plugin is very helpful when you want to copy a WordPress post, edit it, and then publish the update.
We're delighted to say that is starting to change. With version 2.4 of PublishPress Revisions, you can now create revisions for unpublished content. So if you have a post in “Draft” or “Pending Review” status, you can submit a revision of that content for approval.
How to create revisions for unpublished posts
- Go to “Revisions” then “Settings in your WordPress admin menu.
- Check the box for “Revision Submission for Unpublished Posts”
- Now go to edit a post that has not been published yet.
- Click the “Publish” button and you'll see a “Pending Revision” box.
- Check the “Pending Revision” box.
- Click the “Save Revision” button.
Congrats, you have now created a revision for an unpublished post. You can see this revision in the “Revision Queue”:
On the frontend of the site, when you preview the revision, you'll be able to see this bar. Click “Approve” to accept the changes to your unpublished post.
Details on Version 2.4 of PublishPress Capabilities
The Pro version of Capabilities is available here on PublishPress.com. Click here for the changelog.