PublishPress is Fully Compatible With Gutenberg
Version 1.19 of PublishPress is available this week, together with updates all for all the PublishPress extensions.
Here's an overview of everything that's new, plus a teaser for some very big news!
Something big is coming!
I would be missing a trick if I didn't lead off with a big teaser. Later this week, we have a really big announcement for PublishPress:
- The PublishPress ecoystem will go from a few thousand users to over 100,000.
- The number of plugins available to you as a PublishPress member will go from seven to around twenty.
- These new plugins will solve many of the most common requests from you, the PublishPress users.
Stay tuned for that news in a couple of days!
Update: here is that news we promised.
PublishPress and Gutenberg
PublishPress is now fully compatible with both the Classic Editor and Gutenberg.
The last remaining hurdle was custom statuses, which were not supported in Gutenberg. After updating to 1.19, you will now be able to see custom statuses in the Gutenberg sidebar:
PublishPress is now available in Portuguese
Dionizio Bach has very kindly provided a Brazilian Portuguese translation of PublishPress and all the extensions.
Multiple Authors supports more than just Gravatar
Thanks for a new feature supported by the Center for Christian Civics, you can upload any image for your Guest Authors. Inside each Guest Author profile, you can click “Select Image” and choose an image from your Media Library.
New layout options for Multiple Authors
You can now choose from 5 different layout options for authors. The latest addition is “Inline with Avatars”:
This new layout can show the author names, plus their avatars, as in the image below:
New Release Details
Here's an overview of all this week's releases. Click here for the changelogs.
- PublishPress: Version 1.19.1.
- Content Checklist: Version 1.4.4.
- Multiple Authors: Version 2.3.0.
- Permissions: Version 2.2.2.
- Slack Integration: Version 1.4.3.
- WooCommerce Checklist: Version 1.1.7.
- Reminders: Version 1.0.2.