The remaining PressPermit.com plugins are moving to PublishPress.com
Just over two months ago, we acquired the Press Permit plugins. Just importantly, Kevin (the original developer of the plugins) came to work with us.
The next step is to move the remaining Press Permit plugins over here to PublishPress.com.
What new plugins are coming to PublishPress?
Two plugins are arriving: Press Permit Core and Press Permit Pro.
Press Permit Core is available on WordPress.org. Press Permit Pro will be available to PublishPress.com members.
Press Permit Pro is one plugin. Previously Press Permit had multiple add-ons, but we’re now combining them into a single release.
Press Permit Pro will have the combined features of all these add-ons:
- Circles: Control access to content not authored by other group members.
- Collaborative Editing: Set publishing permissions in almost any way you can imagine!
- Compatibility: Integrate your customized content permissions with bbPress, Yoast SEO and many other plugins.
- Content Teaser: Replace non-readable content with your own custom message.
- Custom Post Statuses: Create your own custom statuses for privacy. You can also create different statuses for moderation workflows.
- File URL Filter: Control access to files, based on whether the user has access to content that contains those files.
- WPML: Control access to content based on language.
- BuddyPress Role Groups: Control access to content based on BuddyPress groups.
- Membership: Automatically expire user permissions after a certain time.
- Custom Access Indicators: Create your own “Access Denied” error messages.
Wait … don’t you already have a permission plugin here at PublishPress?
Yes. In fact, Capability Manager Enhanced has over 80,000 users. So what’s different about Press Permit?
- Capability Manager Enhanced allows you to customize all the default WordPress permissions.
- Press Permit allows you to customize advanced permissions that go beyond the scope of the WordPress core.
What does this mean for existing Press Permit users?
We hope that the vast majority of the coming changes will be positive for everyone currently using Press Permit.
Some things to be aware of:
- PressPermit.com will redirect to PublishPress.com. This will happen at the end of May.
- Press Permit users will need a new license key from here at PublishPress.com.
- We’ll honor all current subscriptions for Press Permit users. So if you’re currently paying $55 per year, you’ll be grandfathered in at that price.
- Our main focus will be on making Press Permit easier to use. There are a ton of wonderful features already in the plugin, but they’re hard to discover. Look for a lot of user-interface changes to help you use those features.
Any questions? We’re here to help
If you have any questions, we’d love to help you: email@example.com.