PublishPress Checklists Now Supports Yoast SEO, Internal Links and More
PublishPress Checklists is the plugin if you want to control the quality of your WordPress content.
This week, we've added a whole bunch of new features to PublishPress Checklists and there are more to come. Here's a rundown of what's new in the Checklists plugin …
Number of characters in the title
You can now require a minimum and maximum number of words in your post title:
This feature was a suggestion from a PublishPress customer. She found that her users were sometimes leaving the title blank, and other times they were writing far too much:
Number of internal links
For search engine optimization, it's really important to link to other pages on your site. However, it's also really easy to forget to do this.
This new feature will prevent a post from being published unless there are a certain number of links to other sites:
Yoast SEO analysis
If these two settings are “Required”, the only way you can publish content is by making sure that both smiley faces are green in Yoast SEO:
What comes next for Checklists?
We have several more requirements scheduled for release in the next few weeks, including these:
- Require ALT tags on all images.
- Choose the acceptable minimum score in Yoast SEO. There are three options: Good (green), OK (yellow), Needs Improvement (red).
- Choose a specific height and width for featured images.
- Require that certain categories and tags are selected.
- A special checklist item that can only be completed by users in a specific role. This allows you to choose a group of people such as Administrators who can give the final approval for content before it's published.
Do you have any requests for new PublishPress Checklists tasks?
What tasks are essential for you before you publish content?
Let us know in the comments below, or by opening a support ticket. We'll do our very best to turn your requests into new PublishPress Checklists features.