PublishPress Checklists Makes WooCommerce Product Listings Look Wonderful
WooCommerce is the most popular e-commerce platform in the world, and people are using it for busier and busier stores.
If you run a busy WooCommerce site, you have 1001 things to think about every day.
You need to worry about taxes, shipping, fulfillment, customer support and all the everyday challenges of running an e-commerce store.
Wouldn't it be great if you had one less thing to worry about?
The PublishPress Checklists Pro plugin offers peace of mind for your product listings.
With the PublishPress Checklists, you can guarantee that your products have the details you want.
- Need every product to have an SKU number?
- Want to give every item a Product Image?
- Want to make sure all Product descriptions are a similar length?
- Need all your listings to be “Virtual” products?
PublishPress Checklists Pro can offer all these guarantees and more.
If you have the Checklist installed, the image below shows what you'll see. On the right-hand side of your product editing screen, you'll see a “Checklist” box. If you don't meet all these criteria, your product can't go live on the site.
How to Set Up the WooCommerce Checklist
Let's see how to use PublishPress Checklist on your own e-commerce site.
- Install the PublishPress Checklists Pro plugin.
- Go to the “Checklists” link in your WordPress admin.
- The checklist features don't appear on WooCommerce products by default. You will need to select the “Products” post type:
You'll now see all your Checklist options, under the “Product” tab. Here are some of the options:
- Maximum and minimum number of categories and tags
- Maximum and minimum number of words
- Check the “Virtual” box
- Check the “Downloadable” box
- Enter a “Regular price”
All-in-all, there are more than 15 different settings you can choose. These will be requirements before anyone can publish a product on your site.
If the default 15 options are not enough, you can also create your own requirements.
For example, perhaps you want every product image to contain your logo somewhere in the image. At the bottom of the Checklist screen you can see an “Add custom item” box. Here you can add a new requirement:
You can also decide how firm you want to be with your requirement. Each requirement has several options:.
In the Action column, you can choose a specific action for each requirement:
- Show a sidebar message: This allows users to publish products, but the requirement is marked in red with an X in the sidebar.
- Show a pop-up message: This also allows users to publish products, but they will see a pop-up with a warning message.
- Prevent publishing: This forces users to complete a requirement before publishing. These items are represented by a “*”.
If you want to ensure a consistent experience in your stores, give the PublishPress Checklists plugin a try.
- No more users forgetting to enter an SKU number.
- An end to forgotten product images.
- No more short one-line text descriptions to hurt your SEO.
You'll be able to make sure all your WooCommerce product listings are consistent and high-quality, no matter how busy your store becomes.