Reminder Notifications are Now Available for PublishPress!
We've released a new add-on for PublishPress called “Reminders“.
The Reminders add-on allows you to automatically send notifications before or after content is published.
Here's a preview of how Reminders will appear inside your PublishPress site:
Reminders is one of the most requested features by PublishPress users. Here are some of the ways that people plan to use Reminders:
- In the weeks before publication: Explain your editorial process to Authors, giving them deadlines and instructions.
- 2 days before publication: Remind editors to proof-read the post for publication.
- 2 or 3 days after publication: Ask team members to promote the post on social media.
- 6 months after publication: Request that Authors check the post again and make sure the content is still valid.
Getting Started With Reminders
If you currently have a PublishPress license … thank you! You make PublishPress possible. You can now go to the “Your Downloads” page and get a copy of Reminders with your current subscription.
For guidance on getting started with Reminders, read this documentation.
Next on the PublishPress Roadmap?
Now that Reminders is out, there are two key things on the PublishPress roadmap. We hope to deliver both before the end of May:
- Fully integrating the Bylines acquisition. This will mean retiring the development of Bylines and moving all its extra features to the Multiple Authors add-on. One the most requested features is the ability to create guest authors. You will be able to give credit to authors, even if they don't have an account on your site.
- Allow you to manage Revisions. Currently, PublishPress allows you to control who can publish content, but not who can edit their own existing content. This new feature will all you to decide which user groups can edit published content and who can publish new revisions.
woooow this is nice
Thanks Kingsley. Let us know if you have any questions while getting this set up.