The PublishPress Pro plugin allows you to send notifications about content changes via Slack.
Recently, Slack has made some changes to how integrations worked. So we have had to update the Slack integration in PublishPress Pro.
If you are using PublishPress Pro, you don't have to update immediately. However, at some point, the old system will stop working. This guide shows how to update this plugin to use this new Slack connection.
How to update your Slack integration
- In your WordPress admin area, go to PublishPress > Settings > Slack.
- If you already have a Slack integration, click the button saying “Delete stored authentication info and cache”.
- Click the button “Click to connect to Slack”.
- You will be redirected here to PublishPress.com.
- Click the “Add to Slack” button.
- You will now be redirected to Slack.com.
- Log in to your Slack account.
- Click “Allow”.
- You will now be given an authentication code. Make sure to copy this code.
- Go back to your WordPress site.
- Paste your new code into your site's settings.
- Click “Continue”.
- You will see a green success message if the process has worked correctly.
- Finally, you can test the connection to Slack. Click the button in the image below to test your new connection:
- You will see a test message in the Slack channel that you have chosen: