PublishPress Now Has a Notifications Log
PublishPress 1.29 is out this week with a new feature: a Notifications Log.
You can see a screenshot of the Notifications Log in action below. You can access this screen by going to PublishPress > Notifications Log in your WordPress admin area.
Why add a Notifications Log?
PublishPress is originally a fork of the Edit Flow plugin. When we launched the new version, there were some existing Edit Flow notifications for content updates. However, those notifications couldn't be easily customized. So we built the Notifications Workflow feature.
Next, we realized that people couldn't easily see that the correcct notifications were going to the correct users. This was especially true after we added the ability to send “Reminder” emails.
So we built the Notifications Log which allows you to see exactly who is getting which notifications.
The Notifications Log gives you 100% visibility into who is getting updates about your content.
- “Did my emails go out two weeks before the due date of this post?”
- “Are Editors getting emails when a post moves to the “Pending Review” status?”
- “Are the Slack notifications sending whenever anyone creates a new Draft?”
The Notifications Log will answer all these questions and more for you.
Details on the Notifications Log
The log will show you six key pieces of information about each notification
- Post: Which post is involved with this notification?
- Workflow: Which workflow is controlling the notification?
- Action: What triggered the notification? Was it a new editorial comment or a status change?
- Receiver: Which users received the notification?
- Channel: How were the users notified? Was it through email or Slack?
- Status: Was the notification sent successfully? You'll either see a green checkmark or a red X.
Mohd Sharul Hafiz Razak
Thanks for this, now I found that some notifications have not been send out from the system but instead, pending/scheduled in cron. How frequently does the cron execute? I have one that already past 3 days.
Hi. This tutorial should help here:
https://publishpress.com/knowledge-base/troubleshooting-notifications/. If it doesn’t please contact our support.