Johannes Benz from Raidboxes on WordPress Hosting That’s Positive for the Environment and Society
Johannes is the Managing Director of Raidboxes, a fast-growing WordPress hosting company based in Germany. He's also one of the most interesting people I've met in WordPress.
I first heard of Raidboxes when they were giving out trees to Wordcamp attendees! Johannes and his team think differently.
Raidboxes is growing fast, doubling every year and adding nearly 1,000 customers per month. But Johannes believes that businesses should not focus only on profits, but also on being actively positive for society.
Here's a recap of key points in the interview:
- 0 minutes: Introduction to Raidboxes.
- 1 minute: Giving away trees to Wordcamp attendees.
- 2 minutes: Being climate-positive, not just climate-neutral.
- 3 minutes: Businesses should work to actively improve society.
- 5 minutes: Sustainability is not enough. Businesses need a wider, more holistic approach.
- 6 minutes: Raidboxes is becoming a B-Corps.
- 8 minutes: Your business' wider impact should be a KPI.
- 9 minutes: Trees for all Raidboxes customers!
- 10 minutes: Raidboxes is raising a fundraising round. Investors have to support the company's principles.
- 13 minutes: Good principles are good for business.
- 15 minutes: Running a private cloud for privacy and sustainability.
- 16 minutes: Using holacracy as a management system.
More PublishPress Interviews
- Johannes Benz on hosting that’s good for the Environment and Society.
- Phil Sturgeon on being a developer and planting 1000's of trees.
- Tim Frick on building better WordPress businesses with B Corps.
- Tom Greenwood on sustainable WordPress sites and businesses.
- Zack Katz on values-drive WordPress businesses.
- Hannah Smith on the environmental impact of WordPress.
- Steve Beatty on the Newspack project.
- The Tag1 Consulting team on YJS and collaborative editing in Gutenberg.