In some cases, you may need to replace output content from your WordPress site. It can be just text, or HTML.
For example, you may want to remove links, or fix regular typos in posts. Real-Time Find and Replace is the right plugin to quickly find-and-replace content from your WordPress site on the fly.
Real-Time Find and Replace doesn't touch the database or modify files. The plugin only makes visual changes when your site loads. So, this plugin will not make any permanent changes to your site's content.
Install the Real-Time Find and Replace plugin
- Log in to your WordPress site.
- Go to Plugins > Add new and search for “Real-Time Find and Replace”.
- Click “Install Now” and activate the plugin.
In my example, I want to replace the “WordPress.org” link inside the Meta widget.
- Go to “Tools”
- Real-Time Find and Replace
- Click “Add” button.
- Fill in the Find textarea with the content you are looking for. Accepts HTML.
- Fill in the Replace textarea with the content to replace. Accepts HTML.
- Click on “Update settings” when you’re done.
Preview the public site to see if the replacement worked as you expected.
- This is how the content looks before doing the replacement:
- This is how the content looks after doing the replacement:
Remove a replacement
If you want to delete a replacement item:
- Click on “Remove” button next to the replacement item.
- Then click on “Update settings”.