PublishPress Pro is Now Available
Our aim is to provide you with the very best publishing plugins for WordPress.
To reach that goal, we've made a lot of big changes over the last 12 months. Those changes finally finished this week with the launch of the “PublishPress Pro” plugin.
I'm going to give you a quick recap of what's new and then I'll introduce PublishPress Pro.
Changes from 2019 to 2020
At the beginning of 2019, we had one plugin called “PublishPress” and there were several add-ons available.
Now, at the the beginning of 2020, we provide six separate plugins. Here’s the new product line-up:
Each plugin has a Free and Pro version:
- Every Free version is on WordPress.org.
- Every Pro version is behind the paywall for PublishPress members.
What's in PublishPress Pro?
PublishPress Pro arrives with three features you won't find in the Free version:
- You can send notifications to a Slack account, not just by emails.
- You can send reminder notifications, before and after content is published. Here's a good example of how the reminders work.
- You can white-label the plugin with no PublishPress branding and no ads.
If you are currently using the “Slack” or “Reminders” add-ons, those have been retired because their features are now in PublishPress Pro.
How to Update to PublishPress Pro
If you're using PublishPress Free, updating is straightforward:
- Download PublishPress Pro from your account.
- Go to the “Plugins” area in your WordPress site, and install PublishPress Pro.
- Disable the Free version of PublishPress.
If you're using the Slack or Reminder add-ons, those will automatically be disabled when you install PublishPress Pro.
All your data will be safely be imported the add-ons.
Once you've verified that everything is working correctly, you can delete the PublishPress Free plugin and the old add-ons.
Thanks for using PublishPress
We hope these changes are more helpful than confusing.
We truly believe these will help us create a suite of powerful publishing plugins and solve real WordPress problems for you.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in the comments or email us.