The Capability Manager Enhanced Plugin Arrives at PublishPress
Update: this plugin is now called “PublishPress Capabilities”.
I'm delighted to say that the Capability Manager Enhanced plugin is now part of the PublishPress family.
This is one of the most popular Permissions plugins on WordPress.org, with over 70,000 active installs.
You can use Capability Manager Enhanced (or “CME” as I'll call it for short), to create or copy user roles.
CME allows you to edit all the user permisisons on your WordPress site. You can give or deny any permission for any user role.
You can use CME to control who can edit, publish, delete and read content.
And you can do all of this on a single site, or sync your settings across a multisite network.
Video guide to the Capability Manager Enhanced plugin
The PublishPress plugins are still expanding
Next, we're going to start moving over the PressPermit plugin and it's many add-ons.
- PP Circles: Control access to content not authored by other group members.
- PP Collaborative Editing: Set publishing permissions in almost any way you can imagine!
- PP Compatibility: Integrate your customized content permissions with bbPress, Yoast SEO and many other plugins.
- PP Content Teaser: Replace non-readable content with your own custom message.
- PP Custom Post Statuses: Create your own custom statuses for privacy. You can also create different statuses for moderation workflows.
- PP File URL Filter: Control access to files, based on whether the user has access to content that contains those files.
- PP For WPML: Control access to content based on language.
- PP BuddyPress Role Groups: Control access to content based on BuddyPress groups.
- PP Membership: Automatically expire user permissions after a certain time.
- PP Custom Access Indicators: Create your own “Access Denied” error messages.
Here at PublishPress, our goal is to create “powerful publishing plugins”.
If you publish with WordPress and have any feedback or requests, we'd love to hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org.