The PublishPress Series Plugin is Available
Last month, we adopted the “Organize Series” plugin.
We're pleased to say we've renamed the plugin “PublishPress Series” and have released a new version of the plugin with many bug-fixes and improvements.
PublishPress Series is a plugin that allows you to group content together into a series. This is ideal for magazines, newspapers, short-story writers, teachers, comic artists, or anyone who writes multiple posts on the same topic.
The plugin aligns perfectly with our goal at PublishPress, which is to help WordPress publishers succeed.
- PublishPress Series Free is available on WordPress.org.
- PublishPress Series Pro is available here for PublishPress members.
The plugin now has its own penguin banner on the WordPress plugin repository:
The image below gives a good idea of how the Series display on your site when you add posts to a series. Users will see three main things:
- A banner at the top of the post: “This entry is part 3 of 3 in the series”.
- An automatic display of all the posts in the series.
- A navigation area at the bottom of the post.
All of these displays can be modified or replaced using widget, shortcodes, or template tags.
About PublishPress Series Pro
The Pro version of PublishPress Series has six extra features. These were previously available as six separate extensions. They have all now been rolled into this single Pro version.
- Custom Post Type Support: You can create series with any WordPress post-type.
- Shortcodes: You can easily insert series information into posts.
- Multiples: You can easily add a post to more than one series.
- Extra Tokens: These provide extra data for customizing your series templates.
- Groups: You can put series together in groups.
- Publisher: You can bulk publish all the posts in a series at once.
Over to you …
Please test PublishPress Series and let us know what you think.
This is the ninth Pro plugin available to PublishPress members. Soon there will be a tenth plugin with the upcoming release of the Pro version of Post Expirator.
Join PublishPress today and you'll get powerful publishing and permissions plugins to improve your WordPress site.