How to Create Revisions With the Revisionary Plugin
The Revisionary plugin is part of the PublishPress suite of tools. We support and update Revisionary.
Revisionary enables users to submit changes to published posts or pages. These changes, if approved by another user, can be published immediately or scheduled for future publication.
Revisionary is available for you to download from WordPress.org.
Video Guide to Revisionary
Create a New Revision
The first and most important thing to realize is that Revisionary only works on content in the “Published” status.
You can find these posts this way:
- Go to “Posts”, then “All Posts” in your WordPress admin area.
- Click the “Published” tab.
Look on the right sidebar, and you’ll see a checkbox, “save as pending revision”. Check this box if you want to create a new revision.
- Check the “save as pending review” box.
- Click “Update”
- You’ll now see this message:
- If you click “View it in Revisions Manager” you will be taken to a screen where you can schedule or publish the revision.
- If you click “Return to Edit Posts”, you will be taken back to the main “Posts” screen.